Hair thinning or Hair loss affects both men and women. Hair Loss is usually associated with the medical term “Alopecia.” There are two significant classifications of Alopecia: Scarring alopecia and non-scarring alopecia. It affects men and women of almost every age. Having abundant scalp hair is of great social importance as it presents the whole outlook of an individual. Hair Loss usually causes distress and adds to low confidence in individuals.
Thankfully, Medical Science has revealed that the human body can repair itself. PRP (platelet-rich plasma) treatment is a type of stem cell therapy that can assist your body in producing more of the natural growth factors it requires to repair tissue. PRP may also help with improved results in most cases of hair loss.
PRP-Injections for Hair Loss-Dealing with subsequent effects of Hair Loss
Hair loss may have a significant negative influence on your self-esteem. Alopecia affects both men and women to various degrees. Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is a non-surgical solution to prevent and reverse hair loss. PRP treatment has been in practice for decades to treat muscle, tendon, and ligament injuries, and its aesthetic applications provide patients of alopecia with a high level of satisfaction. The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy at PRP for hair loss nyc is a regenerative procedure that employs platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from your blood to encourage natural hair growth in the scalp.
Platelet-Rich-Plasma Therapy for Hair Loss-How Does PRP work for Hair Loss?
PRP injections are prepared by filtering one or more tubes of your blood to concentrate the platelets. The activated platelets are then injected directly into the damaged or sick tissue of your body. This causes your body to release growth factors, which stimulate and enhance the number of reparative cells it generates. One PRP session generally takes 30 to 45 minutes to complete.
PRP is thought to have cell-renewal characteristics that stimulate hair growth by stimulating the scalp. PRP treatment improves blood flow to hair follicles, which may result in increased hair thickness. The majority of individuals will require 4-6 treatments spaced several weeks apart. Maintenance treatments can be done every few months once you’ve achieved your desired results. PRP injections work by promoting hair growth and producing more density.
PRP for Hair Loss nyc- Does It Work? Evidence from Research….
As per recent studies, evidence isn’t conclusive that PRP can fully help you regenerate your hair or retain the hair you already have. Here’s a synopsis of some encouraging findings from PRP and hair loss research:
- A 2015 study of 10 patients repeatedly given PRP injections for 2-3weeks for three months witnessed a visible difference in their hair quantity and hair roots strength. This study adds weight to the findings of earlier PRP and hair loss investigations. However, a sample size of 10 persons is insufficient to be definitive.
- In a 2019 study, two groups of participants used different hair treatments for six months. One set of 20 received minoxidil (Rogaine), while the other received PRP injections. Thirty participants completed the research, and the results revealed that PRP yielded much better outcomes. However, the study discovered that your platelet count might influence how effectively your plasma works to treat hair loss. If you have a low platelet count, PRP may not be as beneficial for you.
Potential detrimental effects of PRP hair treatment
PRP injections and the therapy itself may cause various adverse effects, including:
- Nerve Injury.
- Infection at the injection site.
- Side effects of Anesthesia such as muscle aches, bladder control issues, confusion.
- A little bit of Downtime
- A little bit of pain after the session
Is PRP hair treatment a long-term fix?
The early outcomes of the first round of treatments take a few sessions to evaluate. After the results start to show, you’ll need touch-ups at least once a year to keep the new hair growth rolling.
PRP for hair loss nyc-What we offer?
Vitality NP Nyc Family Health Clinic has a team of experts and highly dedicated professionals to perform the best PRP practices in New York. At PRP for hair loss nyc, your satisfaction is of great concern for us. We cordially invite you to discuss your hair regrowth options with our trained and acknowledged specialists!